Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Day The Earth Stood Still


Klatu. Baratta. Nikto.
And Nikto on the new version.

I went to Red Box and rented the new version of this classic film last night. It was, to say the least, quite disappointing. Since the original version was so good, I felt the new film would be even better. Brother, was I wrong. Sometimes "New and Improved" simply means new.

It's the original version that I love, the one produced in 1951. Being only two years old at the time, I did not see it in the theatre when it was released, but I've enjoyed watching it several times in the past few years.

I'm a bit confused by the movie poster however. I don't remember Patricia Neal having long auburn hair in the movie. Also, if you get a chance to watch it (the original version, not the remake with Keanu Reeves) be sure to notice Bobby Benson. He's played by Billy Gray, aka Bud on Father Knows Best. I need to put a post on here about that program, too.

Check the right sidebar for the video trailer of the original version.


No comments: